Saturday, July 2, 2011

"What's so great about Harvard?"

So you'll never believe what we did on my day off?  Of all places Mama and Papa decided to relax at, they chose to bring me to Harvard Yard.  Can't I catch a break?  Note to Mama and Papa:  "Hey guys, we already work at Harvard, maybe someplace a bit more adventurous next time?" 

Mama, of course, thought it would be a great idea to wear my Harvard bandanna.  Then she asked me to head up the stairs of the Memorial Library.  I obliged, weaving my way up between tourists. When I stopped to face Mama, the steps around me had cleared and all I could hear were cameras going off behind and beside my Mama.  Who knew that all those people would snap my photo too?  Apparently Australian, British, Indian and Asian tourists think I'm super cute.  (I was secretly hoping Mama would share my "celebrity status,"  but she mainly kept it on the down-low.     "But Mama, what if a Hollywood agent is out there?")

As we were lazing on our blanket, two little brothers (5 1/2 and 7yrs old) wandered over and sat down.  While petting me,  the smaller one asked my Mama, "What's so big about this place?  It's just a buncha' buildins."  Mama quickly agreed with his logic.  Then he turned to his mom and said, "Mommy, can we just stay with the doggie?" 

Take that John Harvard!  I might get a statue one day too.



No comments:

Post a Comment